SSF LOTRO

The Servants of the Secret Fire

Forums

Forum Home > Questions > Whats your Sport?

Vister

I was hoping I could make a poll but either I cant or I cant cause I dont know how lol. Anyways! Whats your sport! Be it play,watch or both! I played football many years ago when I was a young fellow in high school and as a kid like and Canadian played street hockey! and as a young adult boxed with friends but as for watching sports Im true to my people its Hockey all the way!! I prefer to watch Vancouver Canucks but I will watch just about any hockey if its on! :-P

April 4, 2013 at 4:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jontur
Site Owner

Lol! I may be able to make one and put it upon the site for sure!! And yah man Hockey is pretty fun, I've never really followed it, but it's a fun sport :). If I had to choose a team I'd go with the Capitols :). As for the sport that I follow, I would say that I follow football the most--Favorite team is the Redskins baby!!

As for playing sports, I wrestled for a couple years in high school and played tennis for two years as well. Tennis is super fun but I don't watch it that much

--

"I am a Servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor."

April 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vister

Tennis is one thing I could never do I didnt have control lol we always did it in school and it was always outside courts I spent most my tie looking for my ball outside the cage lol.

April 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NutTote

I play golf.  Love Tiger.  My biggest sports obsession right now is THE MIAMI HEAT.  Let's go HEAT!  Chicago Bears fan..Chicago Cubs fan...I dislike hockey, tennis, soccer.  I just don't see the point of skating and running around in circles for hours for little no reason...i.e. scoring.

--

TS4L



April 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vister

Basketball is fun to play sucks to watch. Same with baseball. Sports NEEDS contact! lol For football I like Raiders they are no good poorly managed lately but I like them lol Golf meh I suck at that too lol those gentlemanly games not for me! I cant watch them or play them!

April 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bairrd
Administrator

"I just don't see the point of skating and running around in circles for hours for little no reason...i.e. scoring."

Ok, so while I get this, what's the difference between those and basketball?  It's a lot of running back and forth to score...

--

TS4L

April 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vister

If you look at it like that its pretty dumb but then every sport is like that. Whats point of hitting a ball with a stick and running in a circle? whats point of slowly advancing up a fieldto get ball in a little box. whats point of hittins a ball and trying to get it i a cup in the ground I cannot see? In truth the spirit of compitition and alsoto shed blood sweat and relieve fustrations. If you watch hockey only Sport besides actual cobative sports where its only a penalty to fight and not a game misconduct.Add that element of brutality to the sport plus th hue body checks. Once you know the rules to hockey you will see the strategy is nothing like soccer.And if you wtch enough you will see some goals thatyou wouldnt believe people can do off top of their heads.

April 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NutTote

Bairrd at April 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

"I just don't see the point of skating and running around in circles for hours for little no reason...i.e. scoring."

Ok, so while I get this, what's the difference between those and basketball?  It's a lot of running back and forth to score...

They don't score.  Basketball they score.  The ONLY reason I can appreciate baseball is because I was pretty good at it.

--

TS4L



April 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vister

basketball might aswell just watch last 3 minutes to get the winner because its gonna be one team scores then next team scores then one team scores then next team does then one team DOESNT! OMG!! exciting part is a rejection lol In hockey a big save or fight or hit or goal gives same kind of excitement and happen all the time. Plus basketball is a slow game.

April 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bairrd
Administrator

I will say for basketball, I watched a college game with a friend that likes it...that was more interesting since there was the semblance of a defense at least...much better than pro where it seems to be less about defense and more about points...

--

TS4L

April 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vister

I dont know much about basketball as far ass skill set. I know some players can just do it all where others can kinda block but score points real well and vice versa. I dont know if you get certain role players which you prob do at lower levels of the sport. And that might bring a new element to the sport. Plus lower levels almost always more entertaining when there is everything to gain every game. Pro you make doctor money good game bad game press box.

April 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.